(No output!) Nagios 2.5

Andy Shellam andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk
Mon Aug 28 17:41:01 CEST 2006

Hi Michael,

I've not long reported the same sort of error in 2.4. On my machine a
reboot has *appeared* to sort it (keeping fingers and things crossed.)
If I forced Nagios to re-do the check it would come back fine, but in
most scheduled checks it would report "No output!" and an incorrect
status (i.e. OK when it should be CRITICAL.) It seemed completely random
to which plugin caused the failure, so it wasn't something I could
attribute to a specific plugin (all mine bar 2 are standard anyway.)

Patrick on this list has suggested to look in the server logs for "too
many open files" errors and the like.

Andy.