(No output!) Nagios 2.5

Michael Frank mfrank at dps.state.vt.us
Mon Aug 28 17:22:59 CEST 2006

Hello all,

I first sent this to the plugins mailing list but I think this has more
to do with Nagios core since I am now having the problem with two
different plug-ins. They both give me correct output when I run the
checks manually but Nagios consistently gives me a result of (No
output!). The check below always had a Critical level for the No Output
but another check that I am doing gives a Warning level. How can there
be two different results from having "(No output!)." I do not see any
errors in any of my log files.

Below is the information from my previous email.

I am trying get check_snmp_win.pl to work. I am able to run the exact
command that Nagios is running without any problems and I get output,
but when I run the check though Nagios it says "No output!" I am able to
run other checks without any problems.

I see at http://www.manubulon.com/nagios/faq.html#FAQ8 that there is a
problem with the embedded perl in Nagios so I make sure that I ran the
script using another version of perl. I am unable to find the p1.pl file
it is talking about patching.

# 'check_win_proc_snmp'

define command{

       command_name    check_win_proc_snmp

        command_line    /opt/ActivePerl-5.8/bin/perl
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp_win.pl -H HOST -C COMMUNITY -p PORT
-n SERVICE_TO_CHECK -N 1

        }

I have also tried using /usr/local/bin/perl and there has been no
change. I am able to run the check manually without any problems but
can't run it though Nagios.

Any help you can give will be great.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Frank                        mfrank at dps.state.vt.us

Network Administrator               (802) 241-5393

VT Dept of Public Safety  103 S Main, Waterbury 05671