Apache2 permission denied error

Rusch, Daniel Daniel.Rusch at fotf.org
Fri Aug 18 00:24:00 CEST 2006

All,

I read the manual, the archives, googled etc.

System:

Apache2 standard Suse 9 enterprise sp3 install

We installed nagios 2.5 as per install instructions (BTW I've been using
nagios since netsaint days and have installed nagios dozens of times)

Apache runs as wwwrun

When we try to access the web interface we get the following error:

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either
read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
<mailto:%5bno%20address%20given%5d> .

Error 403

Checking the apache log file I see:

[Thu Aug 17 16:08:14 2006] [error] [client 10.30.150.117] (13)Permission
denied: file permissions deny server access:
/usr/local/nagios/share/index.html

The permissions on the share directory are (and all parent directories
too, ownership of parent directories change of course):

drwxrwxr-x   9 nagios nagios  360 2006-08-17 09:27 share

permissions on the index.html file:

-rw-rw-r--  1 nagios nagios   658 2006-08-17 09:15 index.html

relevant groups:

nagios:!:1001:nagios,wwwrun

The Alias in apache for the share directory is:

Alias /nagios /usr/local/nagios/share/

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">

    Options None

    AllowOverride AuthConfig

    #AllowOverride None

    Order allow,deny

    Allow from all

</Directory>

As can be seen I have tried changing the AllowOverirde directive to no
avail

Thoughts?

Dan