Trouble creating dependencies

Nick Wales nick at nexusproductions.com
Thu Aug 17 12:56:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm having trouble creating dependencies on my fairly small scale
nagios installation....

I am monitoring our remote office, which has a DSL link and VPN
between here and there. As its DSL and on occasion goes down I'm
trying to get nagios to stop monitoring the fileservers over there too.

I have created my dependencies.cfg file in etc/ edited nagios.cfg so
the dependencies file is being looked at.

As a start I'm just trying to get nagios to not look at the 'Check
host down' service on one of the fileservers over there, so here is
my initial dependency within dependencies.cfg

define servicedependency {
        dependent_host_name             		fileserver
        dependent_service_description  	Check Host Alive
        host_name                     			curtainroadgateway
        service_description             			Check Host Alive
        execution_failure_criteria      		c
        notification_failure_criteria   		c
}

Everything is critical at the moment because the office is empty and
the fileservers are off, also the dsl is disconnected, yet nagios
continues to show critical for the fileserver.

When starting up nagios there are no errors.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks

Nick