SNMP?

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Mon Aug 14 12:54:40 CEST 2006

Am Montag, 14. August 2006 10:34 schrieb Thomas Sluyter:
> Darn... I sent my e-mail to Friedrich personally, instead of to the
> list...
>
> Well, here goes again. A bit late I realize...

(...)
> > This is actually quite awesome indeed! We've completely thrown NRPE
> > out of the window and use SNMP exclusively now. It's a bit of a
> > bitch sometimes, but when it works, it works nicely!
> >
> > Cheers!
> > Thomas

Hi,

I wrote an article that was published in the German Linuxmagazin about that
topic. SNMP is great and you get all information you need. I really can
imagine very few szenarios where NRPE actually is needed.

Greetings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

Tel: (+49 89) 456 911 - 0
Fax: (+49 89) 456 911 - 21
mob: (+49 174) 343 28 75

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42