Help rephrasing my question

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Sat Aug 12 05:52:07 CEST 2006

I agree that the parent(s) are only checked when the child changes
state. This is scalable but it does leave open this edge case. Walking
the dependency tree of a host for every check to verify that nothing
above has changed isn't elegant and having a parent's state directly
affect all its children by propagating downward sounds good but could
lead to lots of extra checks in complex, multi-parent setups. Those
checks are not parallelized at this point so you're affecting normal
operation. I'm not sure I'd consider it a bug but you might want to run
it by nagios-devel to get Ethan's opinion.

--
Marc