Help rephrasing my question

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Sat Aug 12 01:55:41 CEST 2006

I would guess that it's possibly related to state changes.  I think the
classification of down vs. unreachable only happens upon state changes.
States can be OK (up) or non-OK (down or unreachable)

The child host (down) is in a non-OK state.  When its parent goes into
non-OK (down) , the child was already non-OK (down), therefore doesn't
reclassify to a different non-OK (unreachable).

I would agreee that it seems more logical to that only the topmost branch
during an outage should be considered Down, and all child nodes to be
considered Unreachable.

dat=121642
any issue.