controlling notifications a bit better

Patrick Morris patrick.morris at hp.com
Thu Aug 10 02:38:34 CEST 2006

Host down notifications will normally go out immediately, and there
are several very good reasons for this (most of which were explained
in earlier responses).  This is not configurable, except for the number
of times Nagios will check (in rapid succession, ignoring any
inter-chack delay configuration) if a host is up.

See earlier responses for workarounds, or you may want to rethink if you
want a host check on this address if it's going to go down a lot.

Patrick Morris
Snapfish/HP
303 Second Street
Suite 500, South Tower