NRPE no output returned from plugin

John R. Daily jdaily at apparatus.net
Fri Aug 4 23:13:27 CEST 2006

I love NRPE because, unlike the Nagios daemon, it provides robust
debugging output.  Turn on debugging in your nrpe.cfg and set up
syslog to dump it somewhere.  (I refer *.debug to /var/log/debug.log.)

Of course, you may not be talking to NRPE at all, in which case the
above won't do much other than limit the scope of your enquiry.

Make sure that both sides agree on whether you're using encryption or
not.

-John