disabled ping and check_smtp: nagios won't not ping

Morris, Patrick patrick.morris at hp.com
Thu Aug 3 04:40:56 CEST 2006

Then you have a ping check defined somewhere, or you need to
reload/restart Nagios.

If restarting Nagios doesn't solve it (stop it first, and make sure it's
really stopped by checking a process list before restarting), then
examine your configs more closely to see what has a ping check attached
to it.