Nagios Light?

Bob Amen amen at oreilly.com
Thu Aug 3 01:36:22 CEST 2006

jon.johnston wrote:
> After trying to work with Nagios for a while, I've determined that it's
> not the best fit for most of the environments I work with. Looks like
> great stuff, but takes too long to setup, configure, and get running in
> network environments where I would leave it with administrators will
> little to no linux knowledge.
>
> Is there something linux-based that would be comparable to "nagios
> light"? Thanks for any input.

    You might try Hyperic HQ. It's recently been released as an Open
Source product. It's got the point and click interface that you might be
looking for. I tried it and didn't like it. I find nagios to be much
better, easier to maintain and set up but you might find HQ to be more
suited for your environments.

http://www.hyperic.com/

Cheers,
Bob