Mutliple users cannot see their assigned hosts/services (contacts)

Tory M Blue tmblue at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 19:33:32 CEST 2006

Okay I've gone thru the list and I have no clue why things are not working
so I'm breaking down and pinging the collective.

I can access using user/pass and view any and all services, do whatever I
want with the user that is configured in the various

authorized_for_* in the cgi.cfg

So I obviously or believe that:
a) if I'm being prompted for a pass/user that I have Apache auth working
fine
b) that if I log in with the associated user in the authorized_for lines and
can do everything I have a user/pass that CGI is accepting

Sooooo

When I create a secondary and tirturary user and those user names match the
contact group of various hosts why do I get the error:
"It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for any
of the hosts you requested..."

Soo that you don't have to ask me questions regarding my configs..

Here is what I think to be pertinant:

Apache:
Alias /nagios "/usr/share/nagios/html"

<Directory "/usr/share/nagios/html">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthName "Nagios Access"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/htpasswd.users
    Require valid-user
</Directory>

<Directory "/usr/lib/nagios/cgi-bin">
    Options ExecCGI
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthName "Nagios Access"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/htpasswd.users
    Require valid-user
</Directory>

cgi.cfg "Only configured for my admin as the other users should
automagically be given visability into their hosts/services"

*
authorized_for_all_services=admops
authorized_for_all_hosts=admops
*
contactgroups:

define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name       qa
        alias                   QA Admins
        members                 nagios-admins,qa-admins
        }

define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name       dev
        alias                   Dev Admins
        members                 nagios-admins,dev-admins
        }

hosts_*.cfg

define host{
        use             generic-host
        host_name       qa760
        alias           qa760
        address         xx.xx.xxx.xx
        check_command   check-host-alive
        contact_groups  admins, qa
        }

htpasswd-users:

admops:SECURED
qa:SECURED
dev:SECURED

I'm not sure what I'm missing, any pointers would be great.

Thanks
Tory