Cingular SMS blocking my Nagios Pages

Morris, Patrick patrick.morris at hp.com
Tue Aug 1 17:29:17 CEST 2006

Does the from address resolve (both forward and reverse) in external
DNS? Does your site use anything like SPF, and if so is your Nagios box
a valid sender for your domain? Is your Nagios box's IP on any
blacklists?  Are you sure it's sending to the right address?

There are a whole lot of things that could be causing this -- none of
them strictly Nagios-related, if you're seeing the messages get passed
from your Nagios machine to Cingular.

For what it's worth, almost my entire team is on Cingular, and dropped
alerts have never been an issue.