Stats graphing for Nagios 2

Curt Shaffer cshaffer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 21:21:37 CEST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Hendrik
Baecker
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 3:06 PM
To: Eric Solomon
Cc: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Stats graphing for Nagios 2

Eric Solomon schrieb:
> We've been using nagiostat (http://nagiostat.sourceforge.net/) with
> Nagios 1 to keep track of a few service checks and generate MRTG graphs
> from the data.  It works reasonably enough, though the config file's a
> little convoluted and it does push the loads up a bit.
>
> We just migrated to Nagios 2.  I assume (correct me if I'm wrong) that
> Nagiostat will work with it, might have to tweak it for new plugins and
> their performance output.  Are there any other solutions people
> recommend, that work with Nagios 2?

Hi Eric,

can't tell you much about nagiostat, but as you are looking for other
graphing tools I can point you to PNP.

See it here:

http://www.ederdrom.de/doku.php/nagios/pnp

It is simple to install, easy to manage (most of it is managed by
itself), is template based and works on rrdtools.

Cons: Up to now it's all in german language.
If you are not bad with perl it should be easy to find out how the
"process_perfdata.pl" works.

Give the link a try and have a look to the screenshots. If you (or
others on this list) are interested it should be no big problem to write
the documentation and the tool in english.

Regards,
Hendrik

I have been using perfparse and it seemed to suffice until recently. What I
really need now is a way to pull reports from this data cumulatively. It is
still nice to have the graphs to look at but it would be nice to say, pull
all of it together and get a graph of the average say CPU for all of your
Windows servers for example.

PNP looks a little cleaner than perfparse so I would welcome this if it were
ported to English.

Curt

any issue.