web interface oddity

Curt Shaffer cshaffer at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 02:36:46 CEST 2006

I have a weird issue going on with a new Nagios install. I am running 2.2
(although I was on 2.0 and tried 2.1 then 2.2 to fix this) on CentOS 4 built
from source, Apache 2.0.52-22, kernel version  2.6.9-34.EL. So here is my
issue. I started by adding some NRPE checks for my Windows servers. I then
went in to add check_icmp via generic-services (it was check-ping
previously) I modify the parameters to fit etc, etc. I restart Nagios and
cruse on over to the web interface and click service detail and there they
are in a pending state, all is well. I wait around for the checks to happen
and as soon as the page refreshes or if I go to another link on Nagios then
back to service detail those checks only are gone! Completely gone! I
restart Nagios and go back to the web interface -> Service detail and there
they are in a pending state, then after a refresh or change to another link
and back, gone again! Happens every time. The odd thing is it doesn't happen
all of the time. What I mean is that if I continue to click to different
links and back they will come back then some continued refreshing or
changing of links will make them disappear. Sometimes they will stay there
for a bit but you can guarantee sooner or later they will disappear.

To add to the oddity, those checks all show as warning even though the
perfdata is showing that it is not in a warning state per my definition and
a manual run from the command line shows OK. Now just to make sure I didn't
do something stupid with configs I did a diff on this section on this config
vurses a config that I have on another Nagios box doing the same exact check
(running 2.1 btw) and they are identical.

I hate to say it but this really sounds like a bug but I am willing to try
some suggestions if anyone out there has any.

Thanks

Curt