Socket Errors

Scott Lundgren selundgr at email.uncc.edu
Tue Apr 18 16:52:06 CEST 2006

I'm running Nagios 1.2 and APAN 0.3.0-sql.
Recently I've changed 5 monitored Windows servers to a set of 2 hostgroups.
Hostgroup A has 1 server and a CPU warning threshold of 25%
Hostgroup B has 4 servers and a CPU warning threshold of 15%

Since implementing this none of the 5 servers in either hostgroup has
exceeded 10% CPU usage but both hostgroups occasionally (no definitive
pattern of a specific server or at a specific time) give socket errors for
the CPU service. So I'm getting 2-6 emails from Nagios for this.

How can I fix this problem ?

Thanks,
Scott Lundgren
ITS - Web Services