Antwort: check_dig bug ?

srunschke at abit.de srunschke at abit.de
Mon Apr 10 10:28:35 CEST 2006

> [root at nagios stucky]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_dig -w 1 -c 2 -H
> {nameserver} -l {fqdn} -a {ip}
> DNS WARNING - 0.011 seconds response time ({fqdn} 38400 IN A
{ip})|time=0.
> 011227s;1.000000;2.000000;0.000000
>
> Have I totally gone nuts or did I not just tell check_dig to only warn
me
> if the query takes more than one second ? As you can see the tool itself
> reports it took only 0.011 seconds so why the warning ?
> It's annoying cause I get those random fake alerts and another recovery
> messager soon after.
> Thing is even if I totally leave the -w and -c flags out it'll still do
> that as if it had a hardcoded value between 0.008 and 0.011 in there
that
> can't be changed.

This is a redhat issue, there's something they screwed up in the futex
handling of their kernel. Do a manual up2date -uf to force the update
of kernel packages, which are usually excluded by up2date.
Reboot - be happy. This has been fixed with hotfix-kernel-2.6.9-22 (not
publicly available) and later on with the last major update 3 (nahant).

regards
        Sascha

--
Sascha Runschke