Nagios and its config files

Sam Rowe nagios-users at unspeakable.net
Wed Apr 5 22:22:15 CEST 2006

Hi All,

Somewhere between Nagios 2.0b4 and 2.1, Nagios started traversing
.svn trees looking for config files. Is there any way to get it to
ignore them?

We have our live config in svn and would love to keep it there.

Also, is there any chance that the restriction that only allows the
main nagios config file to be called 'nagios.cfg' be removed? I can't
imagine why it's there and it causes us to have to jump through lots
of needless hoops to fail over (re-symlinking /usr/local/nagios/etc
instead of just starting nagios with a different config file.)

Thanks,
Sam