Running availability reports automatically

Stanley.Hopcroft at Dest.gov.au Stanley.Hopcroft at Dest.gov.au
Tue Apr 4 06:07:11 CEST 2006

Dear Folks,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

  ..

>--__--__--
>
>Message: 11
>Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 14:35:30 +0100
>From: "Peter Farrell" <peter.d.farrell at gmail.com>
>To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
>Subject: [Nagios-users] Running availability reports automatically
>
>Q2FuIHlvdSBydW4gdmFyaW91cyBhdmFpbGFiaWxpdHkgcmVwb3J0cyBhdXRvbWF
>0aWNhbGx5PwoK
>SSdkIGxpa2UgdG8gcnVuIGEgZmV3IG9uIHBhcnRpY3VsYXIgc2VydmljZXMgYW5
>kIGhhdmUgdGhl
>bSBlbWFpbGVkIHRvCm1lIGVhY2ggd2VlayAvIG1vbnRoLgoKSSBoYWQgc2VlbiB
>hIFBlcmwgc2Ny
>aXB0IHRoYXQgcHVsbGVkIGEgZmV3IGJpdHMgb3V0IG9uIGEgcHJldmlvdXMgcG9
>zdAotIGJ1dCBp
>cyB0aGVyZSBhIGZhY2lsaXR5IHRvIGRvIHRoaXMgd2l0aGluIHRoZSBhcHBsaWN
>hdGlvbiBpdHNl
>bGY/CgotUGV0ZXIgRmFycmVsbAo=

Yep, that's what the Digest readers see associated with your name.
Having
a few words to your mailer may be in order.

Since Mr Powell replied in the same Digest, I could read your question.

You could also to try Nagios::Report (usual places), a Perl class
to simplify extracting and munging the output of avail.cgi (which it
gets for you
using with lynx, wget or running the CGI from the CLI).

The distro has a few examples/ that should give you the idea (or see the
synopsis
at http://search.cpan.org/~hopcrofts/Nagios-Report-0.002/Report.pm)

Yours sincerely.