Regex in host escalations not working.

Andrew Laden Andrew.Laden at tudor.com
Fri Sep 30 21:17:30 CEST 2005

Nagios 2.0b4 On Linux.

I am trying to use hostescalations. Using a wildcard. It doesn't like it.
Any idea why?

I have the following. (with line numbers)

      9 define hostescalation{
     10         host_name  *
     11         contact_groups  sysops-helpdesk
     12         first_notification      2
     13         last_notification       2
     14         notification_interval   30
     15 }

When I run nagios -v I get the following..
----------------
# ./nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc_new/nagios-new.cfg

Nagios 2.0b4
Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org
<http://www.nagios.org> )
Last Modified: 08-02-2005
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Error: Could not find any host matching '*'
Error: Could not expand hostgroups and/or hosts specified in host escalation
(config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc_new/host-escalations.cfg', starting on
line 9)
In my nagios config
use_regexp_matching=1
use_true_regexp_matching=0