Monitoring clustered hosts

Deborah Martin deborah.martin at WhiteCross.com
Fri Sep 30 13:35:34 CEST 2005

Hi,

What would be the best way approach the following :

10  Blades running Linux (so each blade has its own IP address)
Together they are one database server

a) I want to monitor each blade to ensure they are up. If down I need Nagios
to tell me specifically which blade is down.

I've played with the hosts.cfg file and put in multiple IP addresses but if
one goes down, the info returned to Nagios isn't telling me
anything specific (or do I need to tweak this myself ?)

I'm using check_ssh rather than ping as there is a firewall between Nagios
and the blades which doesn't allow ping through.

Any help would be appreciated!

regards,
deborah