Simple Question, UNREACHABLE vs DOWN

Pete Dewell pete at stuff-done.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 16:55:26 CEST 2005

Fair point.
Are all the switches on the same subnet mask, and accessible directly
from the Nagios server? If this is the case, then Nagios can still reach
the hosts that maybe *should* be marked as unreachable, so will check
the hosts directly.

I was thinking more of (as in my case) a router with hosts behind it on
a different network - no direct connection from Nagios to the
unreachable host(s) *except* through the parent.

Pete Dewell.

--
Pete Dewell | Stuff Done
pete at stuff-done.co.uk

** The information contained in this message, including any attachment,
is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from
disclosure. The information is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and delete this message from your system. Any review,
re-transmission, distribution or other use of this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. *