Problemas con check_dchp

Chris Wilson chris at aidworld.org
Wed Sep 28 17:28:29 CEST 2005

Hi Luis,

> I'm running the DHCP server  in windows 2003 and I check the DHCP in
> other server, not in the same windows 2003.   I run check_dchp in FC3
> with IP address 147.215.20.14 and my DHCP server have   147.215.20.12.
> You can see that both are in the same subnet and aren't the same
> machines.  I'm sorry maybe I don't understand your advices.

Sorry, my fault, I misread your message last time.

DHCP uses UDP port 67, not 64. You can eliminate the firewall as a
potential issue with the command "iptables -I INPUT ACCEPT" on the FC3
machine (but disconnect the machine from the Internet before doing that,
otherwise you will be wide open to attack).

Try running "tcpdump -n -i eth0" at the same time as you run check_dhcp,
and tell us what the output is.

> In addition, I don't know how copy the list so that others can find my
> questions and the answer to its. But I'm looking for how do it.

Add nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net to the CC: line when sending
emails, or just use the "reply to all" feature of your email program.

Cheers, Chris.
--
(aidworld) chris wilson | chief engineer (chris at aidworld.org)