Monitoring Windows Servers with Nagios

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Wed Sep 28 04:11:08 CEST 2005

Hi Pavel,

Please respond to the list so everyone can see the goodies :)

Pavel Santos wrote:
> Greg,
>
> They're on a trusted network, no encryption needed for the nagios
> related traffic.

If so, then you have a bit of a free hand to choose whatever method is
going to be quickest/easiest for you. i.e. if SNMP is already installed
on the Windows boxes and you know which OIDs to talk to, then you're off.

Or you could drop in NSClient and retrieve the information that way.

It's really up to you.

--
Greg Vickers
Project Manager, IT Security