What I am doing wrong with version 2.01b

Efe Ohimor eohimor at ipnxnigeria.net
Mon Sep 26 18:27:11 CEST 2005

Hello Forum,
I tried to run Nagios for the first time using the command below

[root at nms etc]# /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

but got the following error

Nagios 2.0b1
Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
Last Modified: 12-15-2005
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Error: Invalid hostgroup object directive 'contact_groups'.
Error: Could not add object property in file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostgroups.cfg' on line 5.

***> One or more problems was encountered while processing the config files...

     Check your configuration file(s) to ensure that they contain valid
     directives and data defintions.  If you are upgrading from a previous
     version of Nagios, you should be aware that some variables/definitions
     may have been removed or modified in this version.  Make sure to read
     the HTML documentation regarding the config files, as well as the
     'Whats New' section to find out what has changed.

My hostgroup.cfg file is shown below

# 'novell-servers' host group definition
define hostgroup{
        hostgroup_name  database-servers
        alias           Novell Servers
        contact_groups  datacenter-admins
        members         excellence
        }

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Efe Ohimor
ipNX Nigeria Limited,
4,Balarabe Musa Crescent,
Victoria Island,