I am not getting notified

Efe Ohimor eohimor at ipnxnigeria.net
Fri Sep 23 19:39:56 CEST 2005

Hello Forum,

When I set up nagios at first I used to get mail notifications but now I don't.I checked the server logs and discovered the following messages

Sep 22 19:55:34 nagios nagios: SERVICE NOTIFICATION: Efe;ipnxtwo;HTTP;CRITICAL;notify-by-email;Connection refused

I have the following config in my

misccommands.cfg

# 'host-notify-by-email' command definition
define command{
        command_name    host-notify-by-email
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios  *****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\nHost: $HOSTNAME$\nState: $HOSTSTATE$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nInfo: $OUTPUT$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n" | /bin/mail -s "Host $HOSTSTATE$ alert for $HOSTNAME$!" $CONTACTEMAIL$
        }

contacts.cfg

define contact{
        contact_name                    Efe
        alias                           Nagios Admin
        service_notification_period     24x7
        host_notification_period        24x7
        service_notification_options    w,u,c,r
        host_notification_options       d,u,r
#        service_notification_commands   notify-by-email, notify-by-epager
#        host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-email, host-notify-by-epager
       email                           eohimor at ipnxnigeria.net
#       pager                           08028364123
        }

    hosts.cfg

define host{
        name                            generic-host    ; The name of this host template - referenced in other host definitions, used for template recursion/resolution
        notifications_enabled           1       ; Host notifications are enabled
        event_handler_enabled           1       ; Host event handler is enabled
        flap_detection_enabled          1       ; Flap detection is enabled
        process_perf_data               1       ; Process performance data
        retain_status_information       1       ; Retain status information across program restarts
        retain_nonstatus_information    1       ; Retain non-status information across program restarts

        register                        0       ; DONT REGISTER THIS DEFINITION - ITS NOT A REAL HOST, JUST A TEMPLATE!
        }

#############             RODOPI_SERVER definition      ########################
define host{
        use                     generic-host            ; Name of host template to use

        host_name               ipnxtwo
        alias                   Rodopi Server #1
        parents                 email-Switch
        address                 62.17.54.90
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      10
        notification_interval   120
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r