Question about check_http plugin

Pete Dewell pete at stuff-done.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 19:04:05 CEST 2005

Try using the -a option on the plugin.

I have a check-http-auth command defined as

define command {
command_name        check-http-auth
command_line        $USER1$/check_http $HOSTADDRESS$ -a ARG1$ -p $ARG2$
}

then the check_command is
   check-http-auth!username:password!80

If you want to, you ca hide the username and password in the
resource.cfg file, as $USER$ variables, so that the check_command becomes
   check-http-auth!$USER5$:$USER6$!80

Works pretty well when you need to have authentication on a website.

Pete Dewell

--
Pete Dewell | Stuff Done
pete at stuff-done.co.uk

** The information contained in this message, including any attachment,
is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from
disclosure. The information is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and delete this message from your system. Any review,
re-transmission, distribution or other use of this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. *