Using a hostgroup to define another hostgroup?

Jason Bodnar jason at shakabuku.org
Sat Sep 17 02:30:12 CEST 2005

I'm pretty sure this doesn't work. I've tried it and get an error, but just in
case I'm missing something I thought I'd ask. I've got:

define hostgroup{
        hostgroup_name  remote_servers
        alias           Remote Servers
        members         call_servers,www
        }

call_servers is a hostgroup, www is a host. The error message I get is:

Error: Could not find any host matching 'call_servers'
Error: Could not expand member hosts specified in hostgroup (config file
'/etc/nagios/cfg.d/hosts/remote_servers.cfg', starting on line 1)

Am I defining this wrong? Or, is this just not possible?

--
Jason Bodnar
jason at shakabuku.org
http://www.shakabuku.org

"You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make
your blood boil who is standing center stage advocating at the top of
his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of
yours." -- President Andrew Shephard, "The American President"