SV: Simple windows client

Rob Moss robmossrm at aol.com
Fri Sep 16 11:40:14 CEST 2005

>>There must be many people monitoring Windows hosts?
>>Sad but true, that is all that I monitor right now, and it's all done with
>>simple NSClient stuff so there is nothing special about that.
>>
>>It seems to me that the most competent Windows monitor agent today is
>>NRPE_NT but I can't say for sure cause I haven't looked into it as deep as
>>I need to. NRPE_NT needs some heavy scripts and configuration to do wonders
>>as I understand.
>>

>Quit true.

Once you have NRPE_NT installed once with all relevant services, then
you have the recipie to install to all your other windows boxen.
You could write a simple batch file to:
1. Copy files to a standard location
2. Set up the NRPE_NT service
3. Any other post installation tasks

You don't need an MSI installer to do that, it's about 8 lines of a
batch file.

rob.