Nagios plugin to copy large text files

Mohr James james.mohr at elaxy.com
Wed Sep 14 22:16:16 CEST 2005

Hi All!

I was wondering if there was a Nagios plug-in that was able to "copy"
large block of text from the agent to the server. This is related to the
"NRPE Character limitation" post I made, but I was thinking of a
alternate solution. All we are really interested in is getting text
files (i.e. /var/log/messages) from the clients to
the server. For various reasons, rsync, ftp, and so forth are out of the
question, so we need a different solution. The first thought was nrpe,
but we have the problem of being able to only send 350 characters. If
there is no plug-in, does someone have any ideas or suggestions how we
can solve this problem? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jim Mohr