Multiple notification_interval settings for th e same service defi nition

Holger Weiss holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Wed Sep 14 19:15:07 CEST 2005

* Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de [2005-09-14 17:16]:
> Because I would need to run two different event_handlers (viz. one to
> file a trouble ticket at a high escalation level only once, and one to
> send out repeated nagging email notifications to admins or some other
> poor buggers),

I might have misunderstood what you're trying to achieve, but if you're
using an event_handler for filing the trouble ticket anyway, you can
take care of only filing it once (for example, only when the service
initially goes into a hard error state) within the event handler script.
See http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/eventhandlers.html on how to
distinguish between the various states within the script.

However, I suppose you _don't_ want to use an event_handler for plain
e-mail notifications?  So you can then just use the usual configuration
directives for them, ignoring the trouble ticket stuff which is handled
by your event_handler.  No?

> this also meant I would have to (re)introduce another couple of
> hundred service definitions that only would differ in their
> service_description to be referenced accordingly by their respective
> serviceescalation definition.

Note that you can group services using a servicegroup definition which
can then be referenced in the serviceescalation definition.

Holger

--
PGP fingerprint:  F1F0 9071 8084 A426 DD59  9839 59D3 F3A1 B8B5 D3DE