notification issues

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Sep 14 15:42:04 CEST 2005

That's quite strange considering nagios doesn't parse the plugin output
in any way for status information. Status is entirely derived from the
plugin exit code. Notifications are entirely based on the status.

> Can anyone please give me some pointers as to what could be causing
> this????

Without specific configuration examples and test runs, not really. OS
information, nagios version, how it was installed, etc may be useful as
well. Try running the NRPE commands exactly as they are defined in your
command definition, substituting appropriate macros of course. Do this
as the nagios user and use 'echo $?' after testing to verify the exit
code.

--
marc