NRPE SSL Error

martin hudec corwin at aeternal.net
Fri Sep 9 20:14:54 CEST 2005

Hello,

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 11:13:59AM -0700 or thereabouts, Matt Wells wrote:
> I keep getting this error on all my servers.
> nrpe[23880]: Error: Could not complete SSL handshake. 5
> Can anyone shed any light on this??
> I've spent many hours on google on this but found nothing.  So
> here's the entire thing.
> My Server is running Nagios and Nagios only.  It is using the
> check_nrpe command to attach to other servers.
> The other servers are running nrpe client that I compiled once on the
> Nagios server, tar the nrpe, nrpe.cfg and the libexec and copied from
> server to server.  It is run as a dameon and is reporting data back
> to the nagios server.  So it appears on everything other than the
> /var/log/messages that all is well.  TCPDUMP shows the data as being
> encrypted.  I have permissions to all the nrpe files on the client
> side.  Am I missing something?

  What kind of OS are you using?
  What kind of Nagios nrpe are you using on both client (nagios server)
  side and on server (nrpe daemon on monitored server) side?

  I had same problem before, and it was due to nrpe v2 on monitored
  servers and its requirement to encrypt data with ssl. So I compiled
  nrpe v2 with ssl enabled on both sides and it is running.

  	Cheers,
	Martin

--
martin hudec

   * 421 907 303 393
   * corwin at aeternal.net
   * http://www.aeternal.net

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible
exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."

   Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"