NRPE SSL Error

Matt Wells chroot at wells.vg
Fri Sep 9 20:13:59 CEST 2005

I keep getting this error on all my servers.
nrpe[23880]: Error: Could not complete SSL handshake. 5
Can anyone shed any light on this??
I've spent many hours on google on this but found nothing.  So
here's the entire thing.
My Server is running Nagios and Nagios only.  It is using the
check_nrpe command to attach to other servers.
The other servers are running nrpe client that I compiled once on the
Nagios server, tar the nrpe, nrpe.cfg and the libexec and copied from
server to server.  It is run as a dameon and is reporting data back
to the nagios server.  So it appears on everything other than the
/var/log/messages that all is well.  TCPDUMP shows the data as being
encrypted.  I have permissions to all the nrpe files on the client
side.  Am I missing something?