Can nagios affect network performance?

Eduard B. Cleofe ecleofe7 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 18:17:28 CEST 2005

Hi Guys,
Id like to know if nagios can degrade the network performance,especially when it comes to bandwith and process of servers.
Because im planning to setup a nagios network monitoring in a separate pc for our servers and terminals of our client.we are an isp btw.
But our nms has monitoring already but it is not good as nagios i think on which you can do a lot of things on it.
The services to be running will check only if the servers is alive,temperature,disk usage and some other things i could monitor to maintain our network.Plus the 1000 terminals on which to be monitor by ping and http only.
Hope for your answer guys.
Thank you.

eduard

eng'r.eduard