Unknown status, alerts over and over

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Sep 8 17:25:49 CEST 2005

Nagios
> will send an alert that the service is "UNKNOWN" which is what I want,
> but then it will send the alert over and over and over and over and
over
> until the snmp service is fixed.  For example I got 75+ messages
> overnight about one servers disk was unknown (the server was fine,
just
> snmp wasn't responding).
>
> How can I get nagios to send the alert for "UNKNOWN" once and then
send
> a recovery message when the problem is fixed?

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html#service

notification_interval: 	This directive is used to define the number of
"time units" to wait before re-notifying a contact that this service is
still in a non-OK state. Unless you've changed the interval_length
directive from the default value of 60, this number will mean minutes.
If you set this value to 0, Nagios will not re-notify contacts about
problems for this service - only one problem notification will be sent
out, unless there has been a state change.

> *
> 	"Privileged/Confidential Information of Communications Supply
> Corp. may be contained in this message.  If you are not the addressee
of

How do I know if this is privileged or confidential?

> this message, you may not copy, use or deliver this message to anyone.

I wasn't the addressee of the message. I guess I shouldn't respond.

> In such event, you should destroy the message and kindly notify the

Burning the message now. There are of course other permanently and
publicly archived copies of this e-mail that will remain available as
long as the Internet exists but I guess that's ok.

> sender by reply e-mail.  It is understood that opinions or conclusions
> that do not relate to the official business of Communications Supply
> Corp. are neither given nor endorsed by Communications Supply Corp."

Is this official business? How am I supposed to know?

--
Marc