partial service_perfdata_command failure

Travis J. Noll tjn at umn.edu
Wed Sep 7 20:29:11 CEST 2005

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this matter.

I've been handed the keys to a generally neglected nagios install and
been given marching orders to get load / mem usage graphs up and
running.  I found a partially configured nagiostat in our code tree and
have gotten it to work on some occasions.

My problem is that the service_perfdata_command does not seem to be
running for all services.  I have the lines:

# nagiostat
service_perfdata_command=service-perf-data-handler

but have also reverted to uncommenting:

# testing
#service_perfdata_command=process-service-perfdata

where I was able to see both in

/usr/local/nagios/nagiostat/debug.log

and

/tmp/service-perfdata

that not all of the service updates available via the web interface are
being "post-processed"

One host is handing off disk usage information to the
service_perfdata_command but not load or memory services.  Other hosts
are able to pipe load and memory usage information fine.  Another host
appears to have no information available in either of the expected log
files, though it stays current within the web interface to nagios.

Sorry to be such a feeb, but I've only been working on this a couple
days and have been unable to find an answer in docs, google, or
archives.  Please let me know what configuration information I can dig
up to be helpful.

Thanks again,
Travis