nagios pooling question

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Sat Sep 3 16:58:21 CEST 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 02:14:20PM -0400, William Wang wrote:
> Can someone tell me how Nagios does pooling when it connect to the NT or UNIX agents? Are TCP or UDP ports  used? What's the port numbers?
Nagios itself doesn't know how to check anything, it is up to
the plugins to do that. Many of the UNIX plugins are not
network-aware, instead relying on the NRPE system (which uses a
tcp-based daemon) for network transport. Windows works in a
similiar fashion.

-Jason Martin
--
Buy Land Now. It's Not Being Made Any More.
This message is PGP/MIME signed.