check_nt configuration

Mark.Law at thomson.com Mark.Law at thomson.com
Fri Sep 2 22:28:14 CEST 2005

I have a different problem with check_nt.

>From the command line:

             /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nt -H servername -p 1248  -v
SERVICESTATE -d SHOWALL -l "HUMMINGBIRD STR SERVICE"

works great and returns:

             HUMMINGBIRD STR SERVICE: Started

just like it is supposed to do.  However, when run from nagios it says:

             HUMMINGBIRD STR SERVICE: Unknown

The check_nt command definition has been modified like this:

             command_line    /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nt -H
$HOSTADDRESS$ -v SERVICESTATE -d SHOWALL -l $ARG1$

I removed the quotes from around $ARG1$ so that multiple services could
be checked by passing with embedded quotes, like "server","service with
space in the name", etc.

This works great on one server running nagios but not the other.  I have
check and re-checked paths, permissions, check_nt versions and am
stumped.

Any help out there?

Thanks,

Mark