retention.dat not populating

Joseph Hardeman jwhardeman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 16:21:37 CET 2005

Hello everyone,

I have a small problem that I am trying to resolve. I copied the
retention.dat file the other day so that I could clear it out to get ever of
our hosts a clean check. Since then the retention.dat file has not been
populated with any data. I have even designated a new log file but it is
still not getting any data. I have verified that everything in the nagios
start script is pointing to the right file, and in nagios.cfg is correct.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have tried restarting Nagios so
many times but it is still not populating the data.

Anyone know how I could correct this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joseph