perfparse draws graphs, but no data plotted?

John Christian potus98 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 15:45:11 CET 2005

Hi gurus,

On a new perfparse setup, it seems to be ALMOST working, but no data lines are
plotted on the performance graphs. The perfparse summary table lists the hosts,
services, last reading, and values. Click on a graph and perfparse generates a
graph image (.png) which includes the hostname, service name, and metric. BUT,
no data lines are drawn on the graph.

I've waited a couple of days for data to be collected.
Same behavior with different hosts and services.
Same behavior when adjusting the scale, size, and time periods.

Nagios 2.0b4  (./configure  --with-command-group=nobody --enable-embedded-perl
--with-perlcache --with-default-perfdata)
Perfparse v0.105.6
Solaris 9
mysql-max-4.1.14-sun-solaris2.9-sparc-64bit.pkg (from Sunfreeware)

I have confirmed the Nagios "Process Info" link shows "Performance Data Being
Processed? Yes"
I have confirmed performance data is being provided by the plugins.
I have confirmed performance data is being stored in the database. (I don't
know if it's all the right data in the right places, but the db is being
populated with values that look reasonable to me.)

My Nagios Status Map is drawn correctly so I assume(?) my gd-2.0.33, Freetype
2, zlib, jpeg, and libpng graphic libraries are installed properly.

TIA for any direct solutions or hints on where to looks next!
-John