[check_radius] Return Code of 137 is out of Bounds

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Oct 27 16:30:06 CEST 2005

Bounds

> Hi,
>
> Well, I've setup a check_radius, installed everything (libs, etc.)
> configured radiusclient.conf and servers files, everything is running
> fine, the plugin reports "Auth OK", and if the service or the process
> stops, it alarms as expected. Until something I am missing occurs, and
> suddenly, the plugin begins to report "Return Code of 137 is out of
> bounds". As I've said, everything is running fine until something i am
> missing. Has anyone seen something like this behaviour at all?

What OS is involved? There's this FAQ that might be relevant but less
likely if it works sometimes and not others --

http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=17

Another possibility is that the plugin is receiving a kill -9 (SIGKILL;
128+9=137) while executing.

How's load on the server when this starts happening? Do you have any
processes that kill others for any reason?

When this starts happening, can you run the plugin by hand as the nagios
user as it's specified in your command definition to try to replicate
it? You should echo the exit code after running it by using 'echo $?'.

--
Marc