nrpe assistance

andysayshi andysayshi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 03:14:09 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am attempting to use NRPE to monitor services on a seperate network. I
have it set up and it seems to work.

[from the nagios server]:

 bash-2.05$ ./libexec/check_nrpe -H 1.1.3.5 <http://1.1.3.5> -c check_load
OK - load average: 2.01, 1.88, 1.41

[entry from nrpe.conf from the nrpe server]:

 command[check_users]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_users -w 5 -c 10

My issue is trying to have the nrpe server check a different box that is
within the same nework.

[entry from nrpe.conf from the nrpe server]:

 command[check_db_listener]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_oracle2 1 db01

[running the command manually on the nrpe server as user nagios]:

 -bash-3.00$ /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_oracle2 1 db01
OK - reply time HOST = 1.1.1.11 <http://1.1.1.11> from db01

[running the command from the nagios server]:

 bash-2.05$ ./libexec/check_nrpe -H 1.1.3.5 <http://1.1.3.5> -c
check_db_listener
CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after 10 seconds.

..Any ideas? Thanks in advance.