Suggestion about new field in Service Object

Andrew Laden Andrew.Laden at tudor.com
Thu Oct 20 20:17:33 CEST 2005

I cant speak for what he is doing, but I have considered making a
"subscription" based notification. Make an email address for each individual
item that is being monitored. That email address is actually a mailing list.
That way, users who are interested in getting alerts for a particular item
can just add themselves to the mailing list. I don't have to update the
contactgroups config file. I can auto generate it based on the hosts and
services.

 That could easily make a lot of email addresses, with very little work to
configure.

Not that I am doing this currently, But I have been in places that did this
sort of thing.

-Andrew