nrpe-2.0 configure for Mandrake

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Oct 19 15:53:38 CEST 2005

Albert Whale wrote:
> If you are compiling the nrpe plugin for use with the Nagios RPMs built
> by Mandrake, I have found the following configuration command useful
> with Mandrake's implementation.
>
> ./configure --libexecdir=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins --prefix=/usr/local/bin
> --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-command-args
>
> Mandrake actually implements a prefix of /usr/bin for it's binaries

That's the default of any sane package management system. /usr/local is
(well, was once anyways) for locally compiled packages that can be wiped
by a single command, namely:
rm -rf /usr/local/*

>, but
> I prefer to imstall Non-OS related packages in a different directory tree.

If you get right down to it, very few of the programs in /usr/bin or
even /bin are actually OS-related as such (sed, grep, more, vi, cpio,
sort, uniq, awk, make, perl, ....).

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se