Question about NEB

Hendrik Baecker b00mer at gmx.net
Tue Oct 18 11:24:14 CEST 2005

Hello List,

I've got a question about NEB.

Are they handled by nagios like service_checks? Specially, does the
nagios reaper waits for the NEB-module after an callback?

As far as I know works nagios like this:

nagios forks to execute a service check and after executing the forked
nagios dies. After some time the nagios reaper comes to get the
service_check results. So in this case there are two calls for one
service check.

So if I write a NEB to get some informations with the nagios callback
has the nagios core to have an answer from the NEB like "data
successfully processed by NEB" or does the data has just goes through
the neb api to the neb and that's it?

Sorry for bad english but I hope that someone gets what I mean.

Bye
Hendrik