Possible bug - host notifications

John Stefani jstefani at yorku.ca
Sun Oct 16 17:32:36 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am monitoring switches and routers, and since there are no services
running on these devices I had to enable the check_interval directive in
the host configuration.
Although I set max_check_attempts to be a value greater than one, I get
notifications after only one of the checks fails.
I use the check_fping plugin with the -n option set to 4.

I have nagios set up in a distributed environment, so the check results
are being sent with nsca to a central nagios server that accepts passive
hosts and service checks and does not do any active checks.

If anyone experienced my problem of being notified after only one check
fails for a host and perhaps managed to fix it or has some suggestions I
would greatly appreciate some help.

Many thanks

- John