NRPE- Results from amavis_check.pl

Dave Augustus davea at support.kcm.org
Thu Oct 13 21:14:07 CEST 2005

Hello All,

I am trying to check the status of amavisd on a remote host via NRPE.

I am using the amavis-check.pl from nagiosexchange.org .

When I check locally, I get accurate responses. However, when via NRPE,
I always get OK, even though NRPE receives the response of CRITICAL.

Here is the local plugin output:

./amavis_check.pl --server localhost --from davea at support.kcm.org --to
davea at support.kcm.org --port 10024
CRITICAL - amavisd-new server unreachable

Here is the NRPE output:
./check_nrpe -H rs1.kcm.org -c check_amavisd
CRITICAL - amavisd-new server unreachable

nrpe.cfg contains the command definition:
command[check_amavisd]=/usr/lib/nagios/kcm_plugins/amavis_check.pl --
server localhost --from davea at support.kcm.org --to davea at support.kcm.org
--port 10024

THE PROBLEM IS:
The status that nagios has on this check is ALWAYS OK!!!

Any ideas?

Running Nagios 2.04b on linux
Running NRPE 2.0-3.2 on linux

--