CHECK_NRPE: Error receiving data from daemon.

Todd Barbera todd_barbera at wgbh.org
Thu Oct 13 19:53:25 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have Nagios version 2.0b3 installed and running and I am using check_nrpe
2.0 running on Solaris 9 (sparc). I've been using check_nrpe successfully
against Solaris and Windows hosts. Today I downloaded check_log2 from
Nagiosexchange under the Solaris section as regular check_log was not
working properly. If I run check_log2 locally, it works just fine. When I
try to run it via check_nrpe from my Nagios host, I receive the above
message. This occurs via the command line. (check_nrpe -H 10.1.2.2 -c
check_log2 -t 60). Turning on debugging on the client side did not produce
any errors in syslog. Other check_nrpe commands work fine on the same two
hosts. I know that the code was tested with an earlier version of
check_nrpe, but I was hoping to get it working with 2.0. Any ideas? Thanks.

Todd Barbera
Systems Administrator
WGBH Educational Foundation
617 300-3443

WGBH Boston informs, inspires, and entertains millions through public
broadcasting, the Web, and educational multimedia, and access services for
people with disabilities.