check_nrpe - Could not complete SSL handshake.

Stalin stalinsk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 22:56:25 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I'm completely lost on this. I get this error when i try to run
commands on remote host via check_nrpe. I've checked FAQ on this
error, didn't help much.

[nagios at host]$ telnet hostname.com 5666
Trying xx.xxx.xxx.xxx...

remote server:tail -f /var/log/message
Oct 12 15:07:25 remotehost nrpe[7542]: Host xx.xxx.xxx.xxx is not
allowed to talk to us!

I've included the ip of monitoring server on allowed_ip_list of
nrpe.cfg, but still i get this error on the remote server logs file.

Is there anything i should try to debug this further.

Version : nagios 1.2, plugins 1.4.2, nrpe 2.0

Thanks,
Stalin